This is only the first wave of the aquatic updates but it is out now on PC, Xbox One, Mobile, VR and Mixed Reality.
Dreaming of the Deep Blue sea? Quench all your marine needs in the first phase of the Minecraft aquatic update.
Now when you dive under the watery blocks of your Minecraft world, it won’t just be a blue abyss with scattered temples here and there. Now you’ll see dolphins, new types of fish, corals, kelp and sea grasses, buried treasure, and more. The seas even coordinate with the nine different biomes now too.
Every player on Xbox One, PC, mobile, Gear VR, Oculus Rift, and mixed reality platforms has access to this new expansion right now, totally free of charge. If you’re playing the Java version on PC, you’ll get the update soon. Xbox One players will need to download the latest version from the Xbox Store.
Mojang and Microsoft have not yet announced when the expansion will come to PS4 or Switch, or when the second phase will launch. But in other Minecraft news, Switch is getting cross-platform achievements for the title on Xbox One June 21.
Below is a full list of the features in the new Aquatic Update:
- Fish (salmon, cod, pufferfish, tropical fish)
- Bucket of fish
- Coral (coral, coral fans, coral blocks)
- Kelp, Dried Kelp, Kelp Block
- Dolphins (follow boats, get a boost swimming next to them)
- Blue Ice
- Nine Ocean Biomes (frozen, deep frozen, cold, deep cold, lukewarm, deep lukewarm, normal, deep normal, warm)
- Underwater Ravines & caves
- Sea grass
- Sea pickle (w/ illumination! Up to 4 in a block – only light up underwater)
- Treasure chests (in ruins, shipwrecks)
- Treasure Map
- Buried Treasure
- Heart of the Sea in buried treasure chests (non-active)
- Trident enchantment
- Stripped Logs
- Buttons, Trap Doors, Pressure Plates with variation
- Carved Pumpkins
- Floating Items
- Boat Polish (smoother control)
- 8 new achievements
- Water has a completely new look and increased visibility while underwater
- Prismarine Stairs and Slabs
- New swimming animation while sprinting in water
- Minecraft: Education Edition Chemistry features can now be enabled under Cheats! For tips on getting started, check out the Chemistry Lab Journal
We had a chance the new update over the weekend and it is an incredible update, now when you go under water you see a world of life under there, some beautiful dolphins swimming around and if you swim along side them you can swim faster, you can find ship wrecks containing 3 types of chests, treasure chests (containing gold, emeralds and so on) Map Chests (containing a treasure map, paper and feathers) and a Supply Chest (containing tons of food). As well as just a beautiful world containing coloured coral, seaweed and much more. It certainly brings a new aspect to the game. Ever wanted to build an aquarium in Minecraft? Well now you can go right ahead.